Ingredients | Serves 6 | Cook 40 Mins
- 1 onion
- 6 golden beetroots
- 2 potatoes
- knob of butter
- 2 L vegetable stock
- thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200g feta
- crusty bread, to serve
- Finely chop the onion.
- Peel, and cube the golden beetroot and potato.
- Warm deep pan or stock pot on low heat.
- Melt butter add in the onion, beetroot and potato.
- Sautee the veg until soft, approx. 25 mins.
- Add veg stock to the mixture and blend.
- Add in thyme and cumin and check seasoning, adjust as needed.
- Chop parsley and cube feta.
- Spoon soup into bowls and let your guests add toppings to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Share This Recipe
Local Greens is a fruit and veg bag scheme based in Herne Hill. They’re a non-profit organisation that works with local, organic farms to supply weekly bags of seasonal veg to customers across Lambeth and Southwark.
Help us grow our Veg Box Recipes page by sending us your favourite meals, sides, starters and puds, and we’ll feature our favourites on the site. And, to get you started, fill your fridge with seasonal veg from your local Better Food Trader. We’re positive you’ll taste the difference.