A Better Food Trader is a food business trading for social purpose, not to maximise profit. This is a community of thriving enterprises, deeply connected to their customers using innovative ways to distribute and supply healthy and sustainably produced food.
Becoming a Better Food Trader gives your business a leg up, offering access to learning and development, experienced mentors in your field and surrounding you with a community of inspiring leaders in the sustainable food sector.
Better Food Traders
Read our vision for a resilient food system
Membership application guidelines
Your application will be assessed, and if your business is eligible we’ll invite you to the network space and send details of other membership benefits.
Once you are a member, we strongly encourage you to apply for Better Food Trader Accreditation. You will receive a link to the accreditation application and more information about that process.
By working collectively we will not only make a positive difference to our individual organisations but we will also be able to offer a real alternative to people seeking to address the climate crisis through changing their food choices.
– You stop reinventing the wheel. You have access to an online forum where you can exchange ideas, solutions and share resources with other like-minded organisations
– You have access to free and subsidised advice and training
– You become part of a nationwide moment that provides a real alternative to the current environmentally damaging food system. We collect information from all our members, which we use to demonstrate our collective impact to customers, funders and policymakers
– Your customers will get the sense of being part of something bigger
– and it’s free to join for the first 50 organisations