Ingredients | Serves 2 | Cook 20 Mins
- 1 kg beetroot
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 bunch spring onions, slivered or regular onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Large handful chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint (or 1 tablespoon other fresh herbs, chives, etc)
- Olive oil
- Grate peeled beetroot in large hole grater, and sprinkle with salt. Let sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Mix all other ingredients aside from oil in a bowl.
- Quickly rinse salt off beetroot; squeeze dry. Mix into batter.
- Heat olive oil (approx 2 tablespoons) in frying pan over medium heat.
- Drop in batter by the 1/4 cup and spread out. Fry until bottom of pancake is golden brown.
- Flip over and repeat on other side.
- If you are serving a crowd, keep cooked pancakes warm in very cool oven – gas mark 1 or 2
Share This Recipe
Growing Communities is a ethical community-led organisation based in Hackney, North London, which is providing a real, practical alternative to the current damaging food system – changing what we eat, how we eat and how it’s farmed.