Become a Better Food Trader
Do you want to bring more sustainably produced food to your community? We can help you.
For the past 20 years, Growing Communities has been creating a highly successful sustainable food business. Their Hackney-based social enterprise brings together a community-led fruit and veg scheme, direct trade with local, organic farmers and inner city food production from their own growing sites. They know all about the challenges and excitement of running a social enterprise that is transforming the food system!
To help other areas set up their own sustainable food enterprises, Growing Communities created their StartUp Programme – which helped nine other community-led box schemes to start trading. Now, other values-led organisations are joining the network to benefit from training and mentoring, shared marketing and to demonstrate the collective impact of our Better Food Trade.
The Better Food Traders are:
- Pennine Crop Share, West Yorkshire
- Growing Communities, Hackney, London
- Local Greens, Herne Hill, London
- Windmill Community Box scheme, Margate
- Kentish Town Vegbox, London
- Field to Fork, Kensal Rise, London
- Cropdrop Haringey, London
- Enfield Veg Co, London
- Lee Greens, Lewisham/Blackheath, London
- Veg Box People, Manchester
- OrganicLea ,Waltham Forest, London
- Sutton Community Farm, Wallington
Better Food Traders offers a start-up toolkit to take you through the process of setting up your community-led veg scheme. It also gives you access to a network of support from experienced Better Food Traders across the UK.
Contact us today for access to the toolkit.
Being part of the Start-up Programme is one of my favourite things in my life at the moment. Planning and ordering vegetables every week and devising recipes for the newsletter just does it for me – who’d have thought it?!
Tom Steele, Kentish Town Vegbox