Roast beetroot, feta & cumin
Ingredients | Serves 2 | Cook 40 Mins
- 4-6 large beetroots
- 2-3 tablespoons of mixed seeds
- Sprinkling of cumin seeds (approx 1 teaspoon)
- 1 pack feta (you can substitute with goats cheese if preferred)
- Olive oil
- Heat oven to 180 degrees
- Peel and thinly slice beetroot
- Spread over large baking tray
- Drizzle generously with olive oil
- Sprinkle on seeds (mixed and cumin)
- Bake for 30 mins
- Remove from oven, crumble the feta over the top and then bake for a further 20-30 mins.
Share This Recipe
By cooking with seasonal ingredients provided by a local fruit and veg box scheme, you can contribute to the development of local, sustainable food networks that offer a more ethical and more robust solution to feeding the planet. You’ll be supporting regional growers and producers who use planet-friendly farming methods in finding alternative routes to market. And all by getting back in the kitchen.
Help us grow our Veg Box Recipes page by sending us your favourite meals, sides, starters and puds, and we’ll feature our favourites on the site. And, to get you started, fill your fridge with seasonal veg from your local Better Food Trader. We’re positive you’ll taste the difference.