Ingredients | Serves 4 | Cook 40 Mins
- 900g small raw beets
- 2 med onions, peeled & chopped
- 2 litres of veg stock
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 90 ml dry sherry
- I tspn of cumin powder
- Garnish: cumin seeds, soured cream, chives
- Chop beets into a large pan and boil
- add the chopped onion, stock and seasoning, then simmer till the veg are soft
- Liquidise, add sherry, lemon juice to taste
- Season and garnish with a little yogurt and herbs.
Share This Recipe
By cooking with seasonal ingredients provided by a local fruit and veg box scheme, you can contribute to the development of local, sustainable food networks that offer a more ethical and more robust solution to feeding the planet. You’ll be supporting regional growers and producers who use planet-friendly farming methods in finding alternative routes to market. And all by getting back in the kitchen.
Help us grow our Veg Box Recipes page by sending us your favourite meals, sides, starters and puds, and we’ll feature our favourites on the site. And, to get you started, fill your fridge with seasonal veg from your local Better Food Trader. We’re positive you’ll taste the difference.